Monday 16 December 2019

POEMS BY LEBO MASHILE DOWNLOAD

Great work Ausi Lebo I love your work and everything you do you are my role model. You woke up the poet part in me since i was 14 years old.. She appeared in the film Hotel Rwanda and has performed in a number of theatre productions, including Threads which combined dance, music and poetry. Lebogang Mashile July 2, is a South African actor, writer and performance poet. A special thanks to Lebo, as she opened my eyes. poems by lebo mashile

Uploader: Nemi
Date Added: 20 October 2007
File Size: 27.17 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 47820
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





Fair comment, from myself. Ogilvy Dawn; Voice Out. I heard Lebo Mashile recite this poem at Lebone Leadership Festival, till this day the poem still pushes me for success and it shows me how often we as young girls runaway from ourselves and we are so encaged.

Lebogang Mashile

It takes just 26 letters to create a universe The world is dismantled and then reassembled Through the lens of a pen and verse I have lost myself in books And then found myself in words Living in a world without imagination I can think of no fate that is worse. Tomorrow's Daughters I want to write a poem About pretty black girls Who don't relax and lie their dreams away Voices that curl The straight edges of history Hair thin slices of a movement Turning the world kinky I respect the disciplined silent screamers Who expose the holes Emily Dickinson, I am climbing through To your wooden shed of isolation Where the robin's song Robbed you of your sanity I revere people to my own detriment Perhaps you did too But when I enter your hallowed hearth Please don't turn me away I want to show pretty black girls How This has been made possible by a R1million donation from MasterCard Worldwide.

Leave a Reply Cancel Reply.

Enquiries to permissions african-writing. In all her creative roles, it is Mashile's sharp intellect, questioning mind and fierce sense of social exploration that drive her passion for creativity. The sun is a loyal lover Even when the earth puts on Her grey coat And cries over nights Spent alone The sun still shines for her On the other side Of the clouds.

A special thanks to Lebo, as she opened my eyes.

poems by lebo mashile

The lighter side of darkness. You woke up the poet part in me since i was 14 years old. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes to benefit site visitors, and is provided at no charge Lebogang Mashile July 2, is a South African actor, writer and performance poet.

She began the study of law and international relations at the University of the Witwatersrand but became more interested in the arts.

I KNEW A GIRL ONCE (Lebogang Mashile)

Do you like this poet? I you are the reason I join the industry and the industry is also happy to have a poet like me, because of your motivations that's was all over my mind. I want to write a poem About pretty black girls Who don't relax and lie their dreams away Voices that curl The straight edges of history Hair thin slices of a movement Turning the world kinky I respect the disciplined silent screamers Who expose the holes Emily Dickinson, I am climbing through To your wooden shed of isolation Where the robin's song Robbed you of your sanity I revere people to my own detriment Perhaps you did too But when I enter your hallowed hearth Please don't turn me away I want to show pretty black girls How September 15, at 5: She is a visual verbalist, and an icon of modern South African poetry.

I was engaged to poem during Latitude days. At the launch function of this programme, a prominent female celebrity, Lebo Mashilewas invited as the guest speaker.

The walls never shut up They speak you to yourself They will find you Between two covers In the words between the lines. I wore you today Like a raggedy coat For the feel of how warm it used be I wore you Beneath the tattered veil of night Far from the glare of stars or eyes I wore you Until touched reduced to the wetness Of crumpled notes Left in my tiny hand I wear your scent into day But I have never Tasted your kiss. Next Post Combating modern-day slavery through economic empowerment.

In addition, Lebo is also a poet, and she recited one of her writings, which we found very touching and would like to share it with you:. Mashile also recorded a live performance album In addition to these given titles Lebo Mashile has been forging her own creative identity since she emerged on the Johannesburg arts scene almost seven years past.

poems by lebo mashile

Best Poem of Lebogang Mashile. Do share this and inspire your friends and communities!

“There Is A Me That I Could Be” – Inspirations from Lebo Mashile’s poem

The daughter of exiled South African parents, she was born in the United States and returned to South Africa in the mids after the end of apartheid.

Steps Steeped In Insight. Read the full of Tomorrow's Daughters. Delivering Poems Around The Lebk. October 3, at 6: Steer Clear Of Traps.

No comments:

Post a Comment